Some people are missing getting their usual self care treats. Whether its being pampered, feeling motivated, or being able to relax, we’re all missing things that make us feel good outside of the home. Self-care is all about feeling our best and being able to slow down to appreciate the small things, so I’ve compiled a list of simple lockdown self-care activities you can do to make yourself feel better while staying at home.
It’s tempting to try and be productive the whole time we’re indoors, go for all of the walks, binge watch every show and fill our time. However, slowing down and taking our time can actually improve how we feel about our less busy days.
21 Simple Lockdown Self-Care Activities
- Watch a childhood film
- Sketch the dream you had last night
- Paint a canvas picture
- Start reading a new book
- Enjoy a therapeutic bath
- Write a diary entry
- Paint your nails
- Moisturise your whole body
- Use a hair and face mask
- Clean and declutter one small thing – such as a bag pr drawer
- Practise yoga
- Play dress up and find new outfits in your wardrobe
- Make a playlist with your fave songs
- Make a vision board to show your goals
- Make a hot drink and take time out to only drink that
- Try a new recipe
- Put on some tunes and dance like nobody’s watching
- Do a workout
- Take a long shower
- Make a special drink – e.g. a marshmallow filled hot choc, a new loose leaf tea, or create your own cocktail
Have you tried any of these or are there any you’d like to? What other ideas do you have for indoor self-care during lockdown?