Are you finding it hard to get motivated to clean your home during the coldest time of year? I’ve teamed up with Von Haus to make it easier with a simple 14 day challenge!
Get motivated to clean your home
Starting today, I challenge you to complete one cleaning/organisational task around the home each day, that will ultimately result in a tidy house! It’ll require minimal effort and you’re task will be complete in no time!
The challenges will be relatively simple, so don’t worry if you’re not up for a mammoth cleaning session until Spring clean time! This will just give your home a little boost and will be perfect alongside all that new year decluttering!
Up for a challenge?
Von Haus set a task to do one minimal cleaning task a day as part of their 14 day challenge, but because I believe in both cleaning and clearing your home, I have altered the challenge! Of course, you can just do one bit or the other.
For each day, you should do the task listed below, and also remove 3 items from your home, be it something simple like old batteries, or something more difficult like clothing. By the end of the challenge you’ll have not only cleaned your home by doing a small task each day, but will have removed 42 items! It sounds a lot, but by disposing of only 3 per day, it will feel easy and you’ll achieve big results.
14 Day Challenge
- Day 1: Bins and recycling: sort through all the bins in your house and get your recycling separated.
- Day 2: Wipe down your kitchen units and steam the cooker tops. Take it apart if possible rather than just wiping and really remove all the build up.
- Day 3: Empty and clean out the fridge, freezer and the kitchen cupboards!
- Day 4: Vacuum Day: Focus on the floors, give all the rooms in your house a good vacuum.
- Day 5: Vacuum Day: Move the big furniture and hoover those hard to reach areas of your home.
- Day 6: Clean the windows – inside and out! If you can’t do outside yourself, today is the day to find someone who can! Local Facebook groups are a great place to find companies.
- Day 7: Wash the curtains and wipe down the blinds. It’s easier to wipe the blinds when they are closed.
- Day 8: Take everything off the sideboards, shelves and get dusting!
- Day 9: Get your bedding, blankets and cushions (plus the sofa cushions) washed.
- Day 10: Wardrobes: Clear out any old clothing, reorganise and wipe down your wardrobes.
- Day 11: Remove wrinkles from clothing, curtains and upholstery.
- Day 12: Wash out your shower, shower curtain/screen and/or bath. Here are some tips on how to wash shower curtains.
- Day 13: Let’s mop: antibacterial your floors and wipe down the tiles all over the home.
- Day 14: Finally, take a trip to the tip: You’ve decluttered your home from unwanted clothes, items or food, and might have some extra rubbish, so take it to the tip, food bank or local charity shop as required.
How simple does this challenge sound? You’ll have a fresh, clean home in just 2 weeks!