Any dedicated follower or friend will know how much I love a good bath. Recently, my friend came to stay with me and I set up a bath for her exactly how I would do my own, and it’s safe to say I go all out each and every time.
What you need for the ideal bath:
- Candles – the fancier the better, this is your time
- Bath bomb – there are so many fun ones to choose from
- Bubble bath – extra points for a moisturising one
- Chocolate or another favourite snack
- Body scrub or a good loofah for much needed exfoliation
- Face mask – because when else do you stop to use one
- Drink – I often go with a hot chocolate or glass of wine
- Device to watch a great tv show, listen to a podcast, meditation or music
- A bath board to hold it all!
How do baths benefit you?
I personally feel many benefits of having a bath. When I come out a bath, no matter how I felt when I went in, I always feel more refreshed, motivated, tired in a nice way rather than exhausted, and like all my thoughts are in order again.
However, there are definite benefits to all. Baths can:
- Change your mood and give a more relaxed and positive mindset
- Help you sleep
- Relieve cold and flu symptoms
- Burn calories – just read this and now I know my fave exercise!
Create the perfect night in.
- First of all, clear the bathroom as much as possible so you’re not sitting in a cluttered space. Decluttering changes your mindset instantly so it’s worth taking a few extra minutes to do this.
- Run the bath to your preferred temperature, drop in some bubble bath and a colourful bath bomb!
- Poor yourself a drink or make your favourite hot drink.
- Light some candles. Turn the lights out for a better ambience.
- Relax, rest, watch tv (on a device away from the water!), read, eat chocolate or meditate.
- Put on a face mask.
- Close your eyes and let yourself just lay for a while.
After a bath, I always put on some comfy pjs, allow my hair to naturally dry and read, write freely, or watch a film to wind down for the evening. I refuse to add any stress or a need to think to my relaxed perfect night in.
What would be your perfect night in? Do you enjoy baths and do you go all out like me? Let me know if you have any other ideas to add to my routine!
Create your perfect bath with these: