Never braved it and made pancakes from scratch? They’re cheap, cheerful and tasty!Here’s a quick guide on how to make easy, quick and yummy pancakes! Click To Tweet
You only need 4 things:
- 100g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 300ml milk
- oil or melted butter, for frying
And a frying pan! Choose a good one, preferably small, for smooth pancakes.
How to make them:
- Put the flour, eggs and milk into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth the mixture.
- Set a frying pan (small or medium) over a medium heat and drop in a bit of oil.
Spread the oil around and when hot, tip your pancake mixture in. Spread the mixture around the pan.
- Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden. You can pile them up on a plate in the oven to keep them warm as you go along.
- Serve with lemon and sugar or have fun using your favourite fillings. You can roll or fold the pancakes as you wish.
Ta-Dah! You are the perfect pancake maker!
Filling and topping ideas:
- Lemon and sugar – the classic!
- Cooked apple and syrup
- Strawberry and chocolate
- Chocolate and cream
- Lemon and raisins (you can cook the raisins into the mix too!)
- Strawberries and cream
- Bacon and maple syrup
What’s your favourite pancake topping or filling?
P.S. I’ll update this post when I find my pancake pictures, but they’re never as picture perfect as Crepe Affaire! (This is not an ad or sponsored – I just love them!)