Comments

1. Abigail Huggan says

I actually started a blog because I read one of my friends at uni and thought it could be a good hobby but I didn’t feel like I had to ask them for help because I kind of wanted to do it on my own. I get how you feel though. I think it’s hard to have something that you’ve worked really hard on and then because you’ve already been there and done that they think they can just ride on the back of your success when you had to work from nothing

Abbie
    overpeachchic.com

Yeah, it’s not so much I don’t want them to do well, they’d probably do better than me! Just maybe go it alone and only do it because they want to, not because I do it. But I get that you get inspiration from others, so I probably need to see it that way instead x

2. Abigail Huggan says

Abbie
    overpeachchic.com

3. Em says

I totally agree with this and it’s so great to see such an honest post! I have a hobby I’m proper into and have had to do alone and crave my way into and rave the start when it was all new and scary and I didn’t know anything. Researched and learnt etc and now someone is latching on and just copying and I’m happy for them and glad to share the enjoyment I get but by Christ I wish they’d put in more effort than literally mirror everything I do. It’s become part of my identity that I struggled to find and I’m struggling to not get annoyed and feel like I have to start over with something else. So glad you’ve posted this, I feel normal!

4. Em says

5. Honey says

Oh it’s definitely petty and selfish, but I totally understand it. I had the same feeling. Once I started my first blog, a friend of mine thought it was a good idea so she did it too. I was so pissed of (haha) that she stole ‘my thing’. And then I started my beauty blog and another friend thought it was great idea so she did it too. Like, can I have this thing just for me? I felt “cooler” for being the only one with a blog (although I didn’t tell anyone either). Only 3 people know I have blogs. Also, people on Twitter, but I don’t have any real friends I know there so I’m good haha

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

Haha that’s definitely how it feels, even though it’s not just ours it kind of feels like it. Which is weird considering how many people have them! I kind of wish I hadn’t said to some now. Some I’d encourage as they’d enjoy it, but others seem to just want what you have I find xx

6. Honey says

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

7. Samantha says

I totally understand you, although I’ve never been in this situation I know myself and I would react exactly like you are. I understand that blogging has become YOUR thing and YOUR world.
    I think that you should let then do their thing though, I’m quite sure that if you start a blog just because you want free stuff you’re not going anywhere with it, they’ll get bored and give up. (when I started blogging I didn’t even know there were event, I have never been to one anyway, and free things. I started it because I gwnuine9wanted to share my opinions and help others)
    So if they ask you to help them, sure help them a little but then I think you should tell them how you fell and that anyway they have to do it alone like everybody has, because they have to learn what works best for them, they have to develop their own style and they can’t do it if you tell them what to do.

Samantha | samanthacarraro.wordpress.com

You’re so right, that makes sense. I was the same, had no idea events and gifts were a thing. I think I’ll just be supportive without going over the top and pretty much doing things for them. Thanks x

8. Samantha says