I want to start making more of an effort with my blog photos, and hopefully if you follow, you’ve seen an improvement in the last couple of months.
I want to set my photos up a bit better for the blog rather than just post a swiftly taken phone pic before writing a post. I was writing a list of photo prop ideas and thought it might be useful to others. I’ve seen a few of these posts, but wanted to write one with items people might already have, rather than a list of things to buy.
- Flowers – fake or real
- Candles/candle holders
- Fairy lights
- Washi tape
- Desk accessories
- Stationery – pens, paperclips, stickers etc
- Clothes – with interesting textures
- Camera/accessories – polaroid photos, lens
- Tablet – with blog page showing
- Phone – with social media or blog showing
- Makeup brushes
- Makeup/nail polish
- Plants – cactus, succulent, or large plants
- Sliced fruit – especially good for organic skincare, etc
- Bath products
- Paper/card – for backdrop or background
- Quirky coasters
- Ornaments/home decor pieces
- Fridge magnets
I’m sure there are loads more standard household items that could be used, so if you think of any, please pop them in the comments! Has this list been helpful? Let me know below.