Thoughts

10 Reasons I Don’t Like Autumn

I don’t like Autumn. Loads of people seem to be excited about the new season, but I’m not one of them.

I’m sure I can’t be the only one, and I’m sure some pumpkin-spiced latte lovers will be horrified, so I thought I’d let you know why.

bored-room-to-2

1. The weather.

Yes, it’s cosy when it’s raining outside and you’re all cwtched up (I know cwtch is a word, but is cwtched? All Welsh people say it, right?)  in a blanket on the sofa. However, I can do that in Summer! I want to go outside without having to wear four layers of clothing and a pair of wellies!

2. Pumpkin everything.

I don’t even like Pumpkin Spice lattes! In fact, the only thing I like about pumpkins is the carvings people do for Halloween. While we’re at it, I’m not keen on cinnamon or gingerbread flavoured things either (except gingerbread men, and I can get those all year round!).

I don't even like Pumpkin Spice lattes! #bringbacksummer Click To Tweet

3. Autumn fragrances.

I love candles, but all the candles about at the moment are Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice scented. Back to the last point, not for me! Give me fresh Spring and fruity Summer scents any day!

4. It gets dark again.

Dark mornings, dark nights. Some of us don’t see the daylight! I hate that we play with the clocks (and our minds!) every year. I don’t want to walk to work in the dark, while it rains – no thank you.

5. Everything is dying!

The leaves fall off the trees and we think it’s going to be all cute and orange and brown shades all over park floors. Insta-worthy leaf photos coming up! It actually just looks a mess and we constantly have to avoid walking through the seemingly harmless pile of leaves that is actually really fucking slippery.

real autumn

6. Bank holidays are over, and so is life.

Most people have taken their holidays in work by now, and there’s no more bank holidays, so from here until Christmas it’s work, work, work!

7. Yay, colds!

At the change of the season, the entire bloody world gets a cold. Those little martyrs coming into work even though they’re ill happily pass it on to you and the rest of the building so it keeps going round in circles until you eventually book a sick day. For a cold, really?

8. Dry skin!

You finally have smooth, glowing skin with a bit of colour to it. Now it’s back to super soaking with moisturiser and hoping your foundation doesn’t look flaky!

9. No more nice hair.

What’s the point in doing your hair in humid, wet weather? At least in summer there was the odd day where you could make it look a bit decent. That’s gone now.

10. Spider eff-ing season!

Saving the worst til last. They’re everywhere! Literally everywhere! For the arachnophobes amongst us, this is a truly terrifying time. Tense for at least a month!

So those are the reasons I don’t like Autumn. Is there anybody out there who feels the same way? Surely there is?!

Tina x

• Reply Erin

I definitely agree with some of your points, but I do, ultimately, like autumn, haha. Pumpkin flavours and way-too-strong cinnamon scented candles, though? Not great. Disgusting, actually. I have one autumn candle that I bought because I liked the holder/container thing, and the scent slowly grew on me. I also wish that we could have ever so slightly longer days, haha. I miss the sun!

Erin | Explore, Refresh

13 September 2016 at 13:15

I think I could deal with it all if we had longer days and no spiders. I’d make that deal 😉 Those candles really are rubbish! At least you have one you like 🙂
      Apparently we have a heatwave? I’m in work with the heater on haha! X

13 September 2016 at 14:00
  • Reply Claire @ bletheringbylinley

Nooo I love autumn! It’s the one season where the weather never disappoints me – it’s just vaguely rubbish, and it’s meant to be vaguely rubbish. That said, I totally agree with you on pumpkin-spiced-everything. I don’t mind a bit of pumpkin here and there, but enough is enough!

13 September 2016 at 15:29

Hahaha! So many do! That’s a good point about the weather actually. Enough with the pumpkin spice! X

13 September 2016 at 15:45
  • Reply Sarah

Tina I really enjoyed this post. Autumn is my favourite season so it was interesting to get the alternative perspective. Maybe I’ll do a reasons I love autumn post and we can compare 😉 Hope you enjoy this Autumn xx

Sincerely, Sarah

15 September 2016 at 00:44

Thanks! Haha yes! Maybe then I’ll realise why its so great 😉 xx

15 September 2016 at 21:52
  • Reply Jem xo

As much as I agree with you I can’t believe you don’t like autumn! It’s honestly my favourite despite the slushy mud and the spiders. Everything is just cozy and smells so gooooood!

20 September 2016 at 09:49

I do like cosiness and some aspects of it, but definitely like the heat more! 🙂

20 September 2016 at 13:53
  • Reply Allison

I thought I liked fall and then I was sitting here thinking, “Yup”, “She’s got a point there”, “So true”. LOL! So maybe I’m right there with you! 🙂

24 September 2016 at 02:16

Hahaha! Hope I didn’t ruin it for you x

24 September 2016 at 07:28
  • Reply Jess

NO MORE BANK HOLS?? Why did you have to tell me this omg how will I bunk off work now? So tragic. But YAS to all of these (even the gingerbread scent thing tbh I used to be a fan but now it’s become another part of Zoella’s consumerism so I’m a bit meh about that now) spider season is the worst, espesh with the combined darkness because it means I can’t see the webs when I’m walking to the bus stop in the morning. And strawberries become like 2x more expensive as they go out of season. NOT FUN.

2 October 2016 at 14:22

I’m sorry!! It’s strange isn’t it? I’ve never been in to Autumn scents really, but the more they become popular, the more I’m put off! haha. I am not okay with a web in the face! I do the crazy arms in front of me walk! Also, yeah, surely if we can house tropical animals etc over here, we can figure out the strawberry situation. Thanks for your comment, all too relatable! xx

3 October 2016 at 10:29
  • Reply haileyjaderyan

I actually agree with all of this but still, I somehow like fall. At least that’s what I tell myself. Whenever someone asks me what my favorite season is, I can’t really answer. They all have their good and bad side.

What I find annoying this time of year is being alone. I don’t often mind being single bit on rainy and gloomy days, it would be nice to just cuddle up in bed with someone and watch movies. That’s when I really hate being alone. But I can’t change that right now so whatever. 😀

XX Hailey – http://www.haileyjaderyan.com // http://www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

2 October 2016 at 18:20

I know what you mean. It is nice to cosy up, but tbh, it mainly consists of snoring, figuring out how to position yourself to watch things, and begging the other person to be the tea maker. Or maybe that’s just me? hehe. Enjoy that space! xx

3 October 2016 at 10:31
  • Reply Katie

Such a great post! I normally love Autumn, but this year I’m really not feeling it; glad to know I’m not alone! x

3 October 2016 at 02:00

Thank you! I wish I liked it more. Trying to embrace it a little to get me through! x

3 October 2016 at 10:35
  • Reply Michelle

Thank you! Everyone seems to love autumn but I am not a fan, I love the warmth and less rain. Also I’m Welsh and I’d say cwtched is a word. Great post!

14 November 2016 at 01:03

Thanks! Haha, so with you. Glad you liked the post! If two of us say it’s a word, it must be 😉 Where abouts in Wales are you from? x

19 December 2016 at 15:48