I have done this before (you can see it here), but got nominated by the lovely Honey at Royal Lifestyle AND Lauren at Lauren Ate Pacman, so thought why not do it again? There’s always interesting questions, and I follow more bloggers now that I’d love to ask some questions to.
So, here is my Liebster Award entry.
You can find out more about the Liebster Award here, but in short:
It’s an award from bloggers to bloggers. It’s one that you can pass on and nominate great bloggers for and find out more about the people behind the blogs you love.
I got nominated and I have to answer some questions, before nominating some others.
There are also a few rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you & link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you have been asked (the number varies!)
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award.
- Ask them 11 questions of your own.
I have read that it’s for smaller bloggers, but not sure. It’s definitely nice to give newer or less popular, but equally great, blogs a shout!
Here are my questions from Honey:
- Why and when did you started blogging?About 2 years ago, but only recently got into it properly. I wanted to give my Facebook friends a break from my rants on current affairs, and as my boyfriend put it the other day ‘talk about lame stuff with people who get it’ – that’s actually true!
- Have you met any friends through blogging (and I do mean friends, not just Internet buddies)?
I have spoken to and met some great people, who I would probably recognise as friend. But it’s still a relationship that’s mostly online so…no?
- How would you describe yourself in 3-5 words (no more!)?
The best damn person ever!
- What’s your favorite social network and why?Ahhh…! I actually think Twitter now. I get to know people more through there than people I’ve known for years in real life and on Facebook. You can always find someone like-minded, I find new blogs to read, get all my news on there, aaand…so much more! Plus I met you! (Honey and prob – hopefully – some others reading!)
- Do you find yourself wanting more followers and readers to the point where you actually calculate posting and advertising or even feeling bad about small numbers?I genuinely don’t care, but more readers or followers makes me think I’m doing something right or entertaining people somehow which makes me feel nice. I think it’s more the recognition than the numbers. Having said that, follow me dammit!
- If you could go to a concert of any singer or group (dead or alive, together or parted), which would it be?
Elvis! I’ve been to quite a few and seen a lot of my favourite bands and singers, but I really wish I could have seen him in action. Really wish I could have seen the likes of Blondie, The Eagles, Joni Mitchell back in the day too. Blondie can still happen!
- What do you love buying (e.g. bags, shoes, kitchen supplies,…anything)?
All the things! I love buying craft stuff and pretending I’m going to use it!
- Would you say you like the way you are, like you’re a complete person? If not, why not?I really do like me. Obviously, I don’t really think I’m perfect, but I like myself and I’m pleased with the way I am so far. I think as long as you’re always trying to improve and not doing any harm to others, you should like yourself too 🙂
- What’s your little secret your close ones don’t know about? If you’re willing to share.
Hmm…not very secretive! Probably too honest if anything! Really can’t think of anything, but I think if it was that big a secret, I wouldn’t put it online 😉
- What do you do when you’re stressed?
Sit and veg and let myself switch off for a while. Then pull myself together and figure out how to be less stressed! I’m not very stressy and handle most things pretty well, but sometimes need to switch off.
- This last one is just for me: have you ever read my blog and what do you think of it? Honest answers, please!
Yes! I’ve read it and I like it! As I’m sure you can tell 🙂 It’s one of those blogs where you can sit around clicking for ages. Which I actually did just before finding the Liebster post to do this!
I’d also like to thank Lauren! I’m so thankful that of all the people she follows,she nominated me. Her blog Lauren Ate Pacman is so easy to click around on. I just went to copy the questions for this post and ended up all over the place! It’s really varied and interesting. She’s also an entrepreneur and so inspiring!
My questions from Lauren:
1. What’s your favourite Disney film?
I don’t think I can choose! I love Mulan, let’s go for that!
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted to give my Facebook friends a break from my rants on there – they don’t care and I looked like a loon! I also wanted to share my thoughts and any amazing products I find, etc. with like-minded people. I love writing so it made sense for me to have an outlet like this.
3. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Teleporting, so I could stop being late, could pop back and forth to see my family, and be everywhere at once.
4. If you were going to live on mars tomorrow, what would you HAVE to take with you?
Does a phone count? Because that! If that’s too easy (and I think people are too), then I’d take a camera, notebook, pencil, photos, and wine in special drink pouches! Actually, this all sounds amazing and I’m ready to leave!
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Everything. Really. Teacher, hairdresser, event planner, air hostess. The main things I wanted to be were a businesswoman or teacher. I basically liked sitting at a desk with all of my lovely stationery around me. If only I knew my dream would come true and it wouldn’t be anywhere near as much fun!
6. You’re holding a dinner party… who do you invite?
This is hard. I’m going to do it with celebrities:
Russell Brand, Jameela Jamil, Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley, Kanye West, Sofia Vergara & Kate Hudson.
Or, actually, all of the Modern Family cast!
7. Sweets or chocolate?
8. If you had to only blog about one thing for the rest of your blogging life what would you choose?
Idiots. There’s no end of idiots to talk about! 😉
9. Beach holiday or city break?
I’ve never had a beach holiday! I prefer the idea of a city break and checking out new places, but really want a relaxing beach holiday at some point.
10. Describe your blog in 3 words.
Varied, honest, fun. (This might be biased!)
Okay, my turn to ask the questions!
If you’ve already received this and written a post, you can just link in the comments? Unless you want to do it again with my questions 🙂
Also, I chose a few more, but I was given it twice?
I’d like to nominate (in no particular order) – I actually LOVE these blogs:
Sophie – Frilly Socks & Tea / Hailey – Hailey Jade Ryan / Beka – Little World of Beka / Kate – Dreams of Vintage & Cake / Kate – Kate Is Coveting / Alice – Dainty Alice / Lucinda – The Fashion Fictionary / Rachel – RachelxBlog / Rebecca Jane – Pocahontas Jane / Christina – Christina Campbell Hughes / Shehzadi – Hey Beauty Bae / Kirsty Rose – Me Cupcakes And Tea / Rachel – Raayfaace / Daisy Amber – Daisy Amber / Samantha – X Teenage Dirtbag / Lola – Lola Kicks The Bucket
Questions for you guys:
1. How did you choose your blog name?
2.What is your biggest achievement this year so far?
3. Are you usually late, early or on time?
4. Who would you call first if you won the lottery?
5. Do you have any phobias?
6. Who is someone you admire, and why?
7. Are you a planner or spontaneous?
8. What is the first thing you notice about people?
9. Who would play you in a film about your life?
10. Do you have any bad habits?
This post took forever to write, as I kept getting sidetracked reading your blogs!
Thanks for sticking with me – super long post – and probably far too much about me!