Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera

Eek! New toy! I have always loved instant photos. However, despite this, I’ve never owned an instant photo camera. When my cousin showed me her Fujifilm Instax Mini 8,  I instantly fell in love! The chunky, but cute design, the simplicity, and the price! It’s much cheaper than a Polaroid camera, coming in at about £70.

Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 White with Blue Case

The film is a little on the expensive side with an RRP of £25 for 20 photos – whaaat? I’ve found some on Amazon at £15 for 20, which is still a lot, but I’m only going to use this camera for some special photos.

Just like these ones below! Oops! So I have to learn a bit about the settings!

I’m really happy with the camera. It is really light and plastic, which can seem a bit cheap, but looks great and is easy to use. It’s a fun talking piece and great having a moment captured in an instant photo. Even if it’s bad, and my friends like to take HORRENDOUS pictures of me!

I can’t think of any real flaws. The viewfinder is a bit off centre as it’s to the side of the lens and the exposure needs playing about with, but it really easy to change – you simply turn the lens to change the exposure settings, and it has helpful icons pictures, for example a house for inside photos.

I love it as much as I thought I would! I’ll be taking it on days out and to events to capture some great memories. I think it’s really sweet that I’m able to take a picture for somebody and give it to them straight away. I love how raw the pictures are, no edits, no fixes, just purely in the moment.

I got mine from Amazon, which was cheaper than anywhere else I tried for £74.99 with 10 shots. I also got the cute fitted case on Amazon. The case is brilliant as it flips up and the cover clips on and off so you never have to remove the camera.

Edit: The camera set is now only £59 on Amazon! Absolute bargain! Will update own pictures soon!

This is one of the best things I’ve ever bought and it’s such a sweet way to capture memories. I have taken ssome of family and friends and given them the pictures.

What do you think?

Tina x
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest

• Reply myfujilife

Looks awesome!

24 March 2016 at 21:18

It’s so fun 🙂

24 March 2016 at 22:21
  • Reply Samantha

I’ve always wanted one of these! It looks amazing x

Samantha – https://lbtthatlifestyle.wordpress.com

25 March 2016 at 18:55

It’s honestly so fun! 🙂 X

25 March 2016 at 19:09
  • Reply The Stylish Starlet

They’re so great to use, i have the pink version 🙂 Great post!

28 March 2016 at 04:04

Thanks, yeah so easy and fun aren’t they? 🙂

28 March 2016 at 20:01
  • Reply anothertwentysomethingblogger

Ahh I’ve wanted one of these for ages, I think you’ve tempted me again!

31 March 2016 at 18:55

Haha! Oops! It’s so pretty and fun! 😊 x

31 March 2016 at 19:37
  • Reply haileyjaderyan

I’ve been thinking about getting a pink one for myself but then I always end up needing the money for something else. I think they’re super cute though but for me, I would really have to get used to not not being able to use Photoshop. And since one film only gives you 20 pics, it would drive me nuts if one of them would be garbage. I guess I’m just weird like that. :Die

Anyway, I hope you have a lot of fun with it and enjoy your weekend. It was great meeting you during #latenightbloggers. 🙂

xx Hailey – http://www.haileyjaderyan.com // http://www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

1 April 2016 at 08:27

Was great to meet you too! 🙂
      Ha yeah, I know what you mean, but that’s why I like it. I hardly ever have really raw pictures anymore. It is annoying wasting one (or five!), but the good shots are worth it for me 🙂 X

1 April 2016 at 09:03
  • Reply Coconut Lane Haul & Discount | Tea is for Tina

[…] shop without looking at their stationery section! I’ve been looking for a photo album for my Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera instant photos, so I thought this little camera print notebook would be perfect to stick them in […]

27 June 2016 at 12:00
  • Reply Tea Is For Tina - Coconut Lane Haul & Discount | Tea Is For Tina

14 May 2017 at 18:37
  • I'd love to hear your thoughts!