Thoughts

Twitter Chat #latenightbloggers No.1

Last night we had the first #latenightbloggers Twitter chat. I thought the first one was worth mentioning here, especially to those unable to make it or who didn’t know about it due to my poor timing and marketing skills!

There were only a few of us, which was expected for the first week. To be honest, I was a bit worried for a while that nobody would join at all and I’d end up looking really lonely! Luckily, as always, some fellow bloggers stepped in and made it great!

It was really fun chatting to some other bloggers on a more personal level and although I have joined other chats before, I felt like the timing was perfect (for myself at least) as I’m always busy earlier in the evening.

It’s the first chat I’ve hosted and let me tell you, it’s hard work! I loved it, but I’m not sure how people do it when they have hundreds of people involved! I loved being able to respond to everybody and have a proper conversation, but not sure that would be so manageable with more.

It was a bit of a getting to know each other chat for the first one and was great to learn about others. The questions asked were about peoples blogging beginnings and how it has changed them. It’s really interesting to hear everybody’s stories.

Somehow it got sidetracked into microwaving tea – have you ever done it?!

Last night’s chat was mostly about blogging, but others will include non-blogging questions, so anyone can join us for a late night chat.

Thanks to the people who joined in for a really fun chat! I’m looking forward to next week – Wednesdays 9-10pm (UK time)! Hopefully I’l remember to use the hashtag in every tweet next time! Haha.
The theme next week will be: When I Grow Up 🙂

If you’d like to host one week, please let me know here or in an email or on Twitter – anywhere! If you’ve never hosted before but always wanted to try, this is a new chat so probably a bit more manageable if you want to give it a go.

Tina x

• Reply amyrosedaniels

I missed out last night, but will definitely be making a note to remind myself for next week! Well done on starting a chat!
    Amy

18 February 2016 at 15:57
    • Reply Tea Is For Tina

Thanks! 🙂 Will be great if you can make it! Now that I’ve started one I have no excuse miss them anymore haha X

18 February 2016 at 16:04
  • Reply Kate

I bumped into your tweet saying “what does gblogger stands for?” and now I ended up here yay

Mircowave tea? heck yeah! when I get really really lazy. But I must say it tasted not as good as using boiling water.

Do you drink tea everyday? I drink dragon well tea daily, do you worry that you get yellow teeth?

I’m excited to join your next tweet chat, I just went to my first one(that’s how I bumped into your tweet) and it’s hectic,maybe I typed slow. Anyhow see you around Tina

Kate

20 February 2016 at 18:29
    • Reply Tea Is For Tina

Hi! Glad you came by!
      It really is hectic but it kinda makes it more exciting I find. Although I might need a better strategy! 🙂
      Microwave tea is definitely not as good, but I’ve done it! Can’t waste a perfectly good cup sometimes. Dragon well tea? I haven’t heard of that. I do drink tea everyday, at least 4/5 cups – oops! I’m quite lucky with my teeth I think, but I’d just get them whitened rather than give up tea 🙂 X

20 February 2016 at 19:48
  • Reply Tea Is For Tina - Where Have I Been? | Tea Is For Tina

[…] and Twitter posts!) I felt the need to explain to the people who have been joining the Wednesday Twitter chats only to realise the host has gone awol. I also wanted to explain why the posts I’ve talked […]

3 January 2017 at 15:16
  • Reply Tea Is For Tina - Turning 30, Being Made Redundant & Buying A First Property - All in one week! | Tea Is For Tina

[…] renovation work and socialising have probably taken their toll a bit. Last night, I ran the Twitter chat, but then sat with pizza and a beer watching reruns of Fresh Prince on Netflix, and I didn’t […]

9 February 2017 at 13:50
  • I'd love to hear your thoughts!