Comments

1. Eric Klingenberg says

Please don’t think I am dismissing your argument you make some very good points. From a school point of view it has been tried and works very well. It can cut down on bullying and make it easier for staff to supervise. I don’t think they have traditional cubicles where you can peep under. I think to work it needs more than just changing the sign the design of the room has to be thought out. From what I have read I think they have CCTV in the public part of it.

• Tea Is For Tina says

Not at all, I’m glad to hear from somebody else. A different design makes sense and is more understandable. I’m not sure about the cctv, while it may add to safety, I’m not sure that the main issue when opposing the idea. If anything, I think it just means less privacy as seems the norm for today’s society.

• Eric Klingenberg says

It was a while a go a read about them but I would imagine you would need to place the CCTV carefully but it would deter peepers. There has probably been a down side to this as well.

• Eric Klingenberg says

The other point that I didn’t realy consider but you did. If some students couldn’t bring them self’s to use a unisex toilet then there going to have problems. I suppose the answer would be girls, boys and unisex then everyone can be happy.

• Tea Is For Tina says

I thought that at first, but then thought the person originally worried might still be worried about being picked on for using the unisex toilet, but I guess they could at least be open about themselves and left to go in peace.

• Eric Klingenberg says

Yep there is that, I think it is ones of those things were you cant get a perfect answer. It was an interesting article that got me thinking, thanks for posting it.

2. Eric Klingenberg says

• Tea Is For Tina says

• Eric Klingenberg says

• Eric Klingenberg says

• Tea Is For Tina says

• Eric Klingenberg says

• Tea Is For Tina says

Thanks for reading! I really like reading articles that do that for me so I’m glad this has got you thinking. I think that’s why its such an interesting debate, because there really is no way of pleasing everyone.

3. patientacademic says

I’d say they’re vital. At one of my workplaces I’m having to use them as we have a lot of religious students and being trans, I’m no longer considered ‘appropriate’ in either of the male or female toilets.

4. allirae21 says

I went to a bar once and there was a unisex bathroom with stalls. It was just so awkward to be in line with men and then to go into a stall right after a man came out.

5. allirae21 says