Thoughts

What’s this blog even about?

Since starting a blog, which I originally began as a place to vent my thoughts, I’ve been torn between giving it a theme. The problem is, I’m into fashion, music, beauty, current issues, travelling, days out, reading, writing and all sorts of other things.

My blog is basically a diary that I don’t mind sharing or would like some input and thoughts on.

So fellow bloggers, how did you decide what to make yours about? Do you think an all in, everything blog is okay, or do you prefer themed ones?

• Reply Mon (is a Girl's Name)

My own blog is about everything, whatever comes to my mind XD I just write it out. I only read blogs that relate to things I like, eg Feminism, Current Issues, TED-ish things, humor, etc Although I would read any blog with humor in it, doesn’t matter for me what they write (except religion. Oh, religion is not something to joke about!). And I more into dairy-ish blogs. Blogs that share their personal opinions on things. What they learnt from whatever. There’s something to learn from everything 🙂

14 July 2015 at 10:29
    • Reply Tea Is For Tina

Completely agree – I like rants, and opinions, and learning from what I read. I also enjoy fashion and beauty and don’t want to limit myself to being about just one thing. I want all sides of me to be on here.
      And yeah, I enjoy blogs that have a bit of everything too. But when I’m putting a category into the ever-growing list, I do think it might be a bit off-putting? Dunno! haha x

14 July 2015 at 10:33
      • Reply Mon (is a Girl's Name)

I had the same thought too! I thought I would have an endless category, but then I limited my blog to 3 main categories to simplify it and have sub-catagories 😮 I think the main thing I had to realize was, what are the main things I want to talk about? are a whole lot of that, but then I thought about how I wanted to express my creative self too, like with drawing. So I made a “Thoughts” category where I share my opinions, rants and tips I found useful and a Creative Category for…..creativity and another Category to keep all the awards and blog-achievements, LOL. But it depends on person to person. I know one person who has over 20 categories and I think it is working perfect for them anyway 😀

14 July 2015 at 10:38
        • Reply Tea Is For Tina

Thanks! Yeah, I might try to downsize them a bit soon once I figure out what I’m mostly writing about x

14 July 2015 at 10:51
  • Reply lifeconfusions

I’m not the best person to ask since I don’t have a theme either. It changes with my moods. Before I used to write more of humor filled posts but now my posts have taken a 360 turn. They are more towards poetic and serious sides. So I would say just as long as your blog stays true to yourself it’s absolutely fine 🙂

14 July 2015 at 10:35
    • Reply Tea Is For Tina

That’s a good way to look at it 🙂 Thanks! I’m constantly thinking should I have more than one, but I quite like it all in one place x

14 July 2015 at 10:50
  • Reply lifestylechangeswork

My theme started out as the Three Hour Diet… and that diet worked for me quite well for awhile- but then life changed… my job changed, kids moved back home, am trying to write a book. And suddenly the Three Hour diet doesn’t work any more… so the name of my blog keeeps changing, but I’m not giving up!

15 July 2015 at 02:22
    • Reply Tea Is For Tina

Ha, I have a feeling that happens to a lot of people 🙂

15 July 2015 at 06:43
  • Reply This, tatt and the other

I’ve had these same thoughts in the past about my own blog, but also posted about what I look for in a blog, and the answer is a bit of everything! I’m a nosy person and I like an insight into people’s lives!

5 September 2015 at 12:45
    • Reply Tea Is For Tina

Ha yeah same! I like a bit of everything too. I think I’ve seen it actually (think I must have been following from my work account by accident!), was sure I was following you x

5 September 2015 at 12:47
  • Reply 100 Followers! | Tea is for Tina

[…] many of you will know, I always have trouble defining the purpose of this blog, but it all comes down to you lovely people. While I am happy to write to myself, it’s very […]

10 September 2015 at 14:22
  • Reply rosyblush

I’ve been there too, trying to categorize my blog and all. But I think creating content for yourself, content that you love… that’s the most important thing! So don’t worry too much on choosing a theme (:

10 September 2015 at 19:24
  • I'd love to hear your thoughts!