Who are the most influential people in your life? Who do you admire or aspire to be like?
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the Peanuts comic strip.
First, we’re going to start with a small quiz.
Let’s see how you get on with the following questions:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields, but the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Acheivements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time witho
Re-thinking the most influential people in your life.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
It’s easy for us to get caught up in achieving goals and to idolise those who have done more than us so far, have more money than us or are more popular, but which list would you rather be on?
Who are the most influential people in your life?Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schulz Click To Tweet
Pin for later…